Views
Helpful
Replies

Query on Phone CSS and Device line CSS

virendra pathak
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone,

Wishing you a very "Happy Christmas" to everyone!!

I am very new in domain so may be my query would be silly for all VoiP expertise. Thanks to everyone who respond me promptly on my earliest query.

Again, I got query related CSS, i did the google on this but confused. When i was doing DNA and just was checking the router-pattern configured  for all types of called number. I observed the behaviour of CSS.

I did in this way, in Calling ID : 2180 is ext and in called id: 03085379 is the nymber and i selected the CSS (example) "CSS_A'' THEN hit the enter, this CSS was associated to Phone. i got the response like "MATCH THE BLOCKPATTERN". Next time i tried the same but this time i select the CSS of Phone line number "CSS_B" and it shown that route-pattern matched and i got the complete call flow.

I am confused between Phone CSS and device line CSS. Which CSS  would be best how can i decide that?

I appreciate if anyone can help me on this!!

Thanks once again.

Regards

Viru

1 Reply 1

Georgios Fotiadis
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Partitions are assigned to "dialable" entities; i.e. DNs, route-patterns, translation-patterns, while CSSs are assigned to entities that attempt to dial (eg. phones, trunks). So, in DNA you will select the CSS of the device making the call. That CSS should contain the partition of the route-pattern you are trying to dial.

You will find answers here: Configure Partition and Calling Search Space

Georgios
Please rate if you find this helpful.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: