Views
Helpful
Replies

Reduce the ring duration...

riderfaiz
Level 1
Level 1

hi Everyone,

A simple one I think but I still can make it to work.

Our CM is running 7.5.x. The phone model in this case is 7960.

I have an user complained the ring takes too long before it wiill put the call to voicemail. So I go to that extension and modify the seconds in " No Answer ring duration" and put down 8 sec. Then save and reset. But the ring seems remain the same. So what did I miss?

Hope you can help. Thank you very much!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

or check the paramter system-->service parameter---->choose cisco call manager...>  Forward No Answer Timeout

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

mcecilia
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Could it be you have not reseted the estension and/or the phone?

Good luck

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

As pointed out above make sure that the phone is reset after making that change on the Directory Number (DN) configuration page.  8 seconds for the ring no answer duration will be only 2 rings before going to voice mail (one ring is about 4 seconds).

Hi good morning! Thank you for all the response.

I did try to save and reset the phone after the changes. But the "problem" remains the same. I will try Pawan's suggestion to change he "Forward No Answer Timer" and see if that helps.... Let me see if I can find that field first

Stay in touch!

Takami Chiro

Pawan Arora
Level 1
Level 1

Try to change it in service parameters "Forward No Answer Timer "
this will change it for all the ip phones

Hi Pawan, I tried to find the field you mentioned. But I can't find it. I run 7.5.2 though. Instead, I put "No Answer Ring Duration" at 8 seconds. But it still did not work.

Takami Chiro

or check the paramter system-->service parameter---->choose cisco call manager...>  Forward No Answer Timeout

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: