cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Setting up a phone across a VPN

marc.reiter
Level 1
Level 1

I've got a user that needs to work from home.  I've got a firewall set up for him with a VPN tunnel back to our office.  We've got a new UC560, and this will be the first thing connecting to it from another subnet.

I've got the VPN set up, the firewall is doing DHCP and is giving out the VOIP VLAN interface of the UC560 as the TFTP server.

I tried it last night and it hung up at 'Configuring CM List'.   I noticed that when I connected a laptop to it I could not ping the phone system, but could ping other devices on the VOIP VLAN.  I found that there is no default gateway on the UC560 and no route set up.  So, I set up a route for the remote subnet to send it to the VOIP LAN interface on the firewall.   I can now ping and telnet to the the UC560 from home.

I reconnected the phone and now it goes thru these stages:

Configuring VLAN

Configuring IP

TFTP P00308010200. loads

Configuring VLAN

Configuring IP

Version Error

Registration Rejected

Configuring IP

Resetting

I tested the same phone in the office and it works correct.

What's holding this up?

Thanks,

- Marc

1 Reply 1

marc.reiter
Level 1
Level 1

We got this figured out.  It was actually a license issue.  This is on a new system and apparently our evaluation license had just expired and no one ever entered our permanent license.  I just activated the evaluation licenses again and the remote phones are working.  Better find our licenses!