Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP Registrar

corycandia
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Experts,

Can anyone please explain some of the SIP user agent and service related commands to me in layman's terms?  I've been attempting to read Cisco's documentation on these and still am not getting an idea of what's really going on.

I can figure out what adding 'host-registrar' to sip under voice service voip does?
Also, there's a lot of other pieces to the SIP services I don't really understand what the commands are doing.

I found this article, but I'm still not sure what diversion header and contact headers mean and how/why it's important:
http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios/voice/cube/configuration/guide/vb_book/vb_book/vb_8525.html

Here's my example config/scenario.  It's used to get Google Voice SIP service to CME.  Is host-registrar needed?

SIP related config:

sip
registrar server expires max 300 min 60 <---how long devices are registered for before checking in again?

localhost dns:gvgw.simonics.com  <---- read this needs to match what the service provider has or you get auth problems?
outbound-proxy dns:gvgw.simonics.com
associate registered-number XXX6605634  <-----can't figure out what this does or why it's important

sip-ua
credentials number 1XXX6605634 username XXXXXX password XXXXX realm XXXX
authentication username XXXXX password XXXXXX
registrar dns:gvgw.simonics.com:5070 expires 300 tcp  <------Maybe this controls how often CMe checks in with the service provider?
sip-server dns:gvgw.simonics.com:5070

Can anyone break this down a little better than Cisco's docs?

Thanks

(Definite points for good explanations and examples would be awarded)

1 Reply 1

corycandia
Level 1
Level 1

Can anybody shed some light on SIP registrar and related topics?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: