Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP Trunk No Ringback

William Cobb
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone.

Some time ago someone asked a question about a problem with a SIP ringback issue.  I am having a problem that just started happening.  We have a SIP trunk to our provider (Paetec) and we have never had a problem before.  In the last month, ringback stopped all of a sudden for incming calls.  The calls connect and audio works fine, but the caller hears dead silence until phone is answered in our office.  We are using CM 4.2 and 12.4 IOS on the Cisco gateway that is connected with.  I have told the provider that they must have made some change because we NEVER change our setup.  Any ideas?

Also, does Cisco offer a one time call support to assist with problems like these?  The service contracts has lapsed on all the software and hardware, so we can't call the TAC.  I have been messing with this for some time now, so I would be willing to pay for help from Cisco if they even do that.

Thanks!!

5 Replies 5

sumimanc
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi William ,

can you send the output of debug ccsip messages for the call.

Also try enabling MTP on sip trunk  for that just make sure that under MRGL of Sip trunk you have an MRG which contains an MTP which should be registered to the call manager.

Yes Cisco does offer a one time call support to assist .

I hope that helps.

Thanks.

Regards,

sumit

sumimanc
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you have the sip gateway or CUBE in between call manager and service provider then only u will be able to provide debug ccsip message.

If you have a direct sip trunk to the provider, we need to check the call manager traces to check sip messages.

Thanks.

sumit

Risat
Level 3
Level 3

Check by setting the below:

Under CCM Web interface >  Service > Service Parameters > Send H225 User Info Message - ANN use for Ringback

Send H225 User Info Message: This parameter specifies which message Cisco CallManager sends for the ringback tone or tone on hold. Valid values follow:

Use ANN for Ring Back: Use Cisco SCCP Annunciator to play ringback tone

User Info for Call Progress Tone: Send H.225 user information message to IOS gateway to play ringback tone or tone on hold

H225 Info for Call Progress Tone: Send H.225 information message to IOS gateway to play ringback tone or tone on hold

There are many posts regarding ringback issue. Please search in the forum before you open a new discussion.

Kind Regards

Riyas AT

please rate for helpful posts !

Sumit,

The way the connection is setup is CM (4.2) >>2811GW>>Provider (Paetec), so it is a direct SIP trunk to them.

I’ve included the config of the Cisco 2811 and the debug ccsip file.  You can see an example of a call I placed at about 10:57 on 1/18/11 from the number 2527583615.

I inherited this CM setup, so I’m trying to figure it out as I go.  There are no trunks setup under Device>>Trunks in CM Administrator.  There is a MTP setup.

Currently the setting “Send H225 User Info Message” is set to “User Info for Call Progress Tone”.  I will try changing it to “Use ANN for Ring Back” and see what happens.

Riyas AT,

Please don’t assume that I have not done research on this problem.  I have looked for weeks and followed every suggestion.  Nothing has worked.  I can’t do the “Porgress_ind” changes on the gateway because those settings are not offered on the IOS version I am running.  As I stated, everything worked fine until just recently and I DID NOT CHANGE ANYTHING.  My assumption is that Paetec upgraded a router downstream and somehow that is now affecting me.  I just need to get this fixed ASAP and any help would be appreciated.

Can you give me a link where I can contact Cisco for one time support?  I can’t find that anywhere on their site.

Thank you for your help and consideration,

Steve!

Had the exact same thing pop up on gateways that were working fine for over a year.  I ended up fixing it by changing the CUCM gateway signaling to SIP (was h.323).

CUCM - SIP - CUBE Router - SIP - PSTN