Views
Helpful
Replies

Stop accepting further calls - mtp & transcoder

flier55CCO55
Level 1
Level 1

Hi eXpert,

I want to stop a VG3845 for maintenance but there are always calls managed because it performs mtp and trasconding services on the network.

Is there a way to tell this router to "complete" engaged phone calls but stop accepting further calls ? I don't want to tear down calls in progress and there are other redundant routers, so no problems with future calls.

Many thanks in advance

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

unfortunately no, the status for the MTP and XCODER is handled by SCCP

so it's either sccp or no sccp

there's no way to tell it handle this and then stop

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

sure, but looking to the Dsp, is there no command to force hardware to change its behaviour only after clearing resources ? I mean, for example, if I try to set maximum session of transcoder very low, it changes immediately dropping calls or not ? So, this is only an example but I'm sure you understand what I mean, perfectly.

thank you

I don't think you can do this gracefully.

You can try removing the MTP from any related MRG/MRGLs, or at least placing it at the very bottom priority. This may require a reset of the MTP, however. I can't say for certainty on this.

This is what I would try:

1) Removing the MTP from the MRG and putting it in a new MRG that no device has a reference to.

2) If that requires a reset, move it to the bottom of the list and add a new MTP resource the MRG it is in.

3) Try changing the max sessions command to 1.

I know that option 2 should prevent you from resetting it. Not sure about options 1 and 3.

And no, there is no DSP level command to stop accepting new connections while servicing old ones.

hth,

nick