cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TFTP file not found 7960

julienf28
Level 1
Level 1

We currently have 7960 in our environement and for some reasons we are starting to see phones dropping registration connection from CUCM and  then goes into its POST but fails and registers "TFTP file not found".

It wouldn't be that bad if only one or two did this but this is now the fith phone that decides to go on us.

Any suggestions?

3 Replies 3

Ven Taylor
Level 4
Level 4

Did you make any changes to an access-list or change any of the services on the CM?

We inadvertently blocked DNS on our wlan's access-list once and didn't notice it until a couple phones rebooted.

DNS failure caused the phone to fail because we'd moved the tftp service to our subscriber.

Several small things became a big thing.

It's worth taking a look.

Ven Taylor

We didn't change anything in the CM environement. I would think if a change would be made then all 7960 phones would be affected.

We have over two hundred 7960 and one hundred 7912. The only phones that got affected so far is about 5 7960 and it was one at a time. Not all of them together.

I was able to fix this issue by forcing a phone load that is in our TFTP server. Once the phone took the load and upgraded, I removed the phone load under the phone configuration. This would load the default load.

No idea why the phone was trying to load SIP files but this fixed it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: