Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity and alternate extensions, ARC and Unity AA

martnord05
Level 1
Level 1

System: CUCMBE 6.1.1, Unity Connection 2.1.0

1. Is it possible to use the feature alternate extension if I want to use the same Voicemail for multiple extensions? My customer is using ARC and I want the extensions/phones thats being used for logging on to the ARC system to use the same voicebox (Same message at lunch and after job hours). Is this the way to do it? Can this be used in combination with ARC too?

2. Kinda the same ballpark but anyway. Since ARC is using several CTI-extensions it would be good to bunch several together pointing to the same voice user/box so they can be served through Unity/AA. I'm aware of that ARC have a licensed feature that pretty much replaces AA in Unity but that's not an option at this point.

1 Reply 1

knovak123
Level 1
Level 1

I have had great luck using alternate extensions for that exact purpose.

If you have issues determining what digits are being sent to Unity Connection by ARC, you can use the Port Status Monitor to view the calls to the VM in real time.

Available at the following link:

http://ciscounitytools.com/CUC_2xTools.htm

One caveat- The extensions cannot be searched, so if, down the road, someone wanted to add a mailbox with that extension, for example, they will have to know to find the mailbox and remove the alternate extension.