cancel
查看次数
有帮助
回复

Voicemail Synchronization Between Two Extensions

NickSchock64289
Level 1
Level 1

I have two separate extensions and every voicemail that goes to one, also goes to the other.  One line is the reception line for one of our buildings and the other line is the receptionist's personal extension that she uses for handling other duties.  On the reception phone, a Cisco 8961, both extensions are on the phone. Reception is line 1 and the personal line is line 2.  We have several Cisco 6945's with multiple lines on them without an issue.  I need to stop this as it is making it difficult for the receptionist to figure which calls are for what.   

I have checked/tried the following:

- There is no transfer setup between the extensions on any device they are attached to in Call Manager.

- I have gone through the call handler for reception and the personal line is not references anywhere.

- I have deleted and recreated the voice mail box for the personal line.

If there is a setting I am missing that could also be transferring these messages between the extensions, any help would be appreciated.

We are on CUCM version 11.5

Nick

6 条回复6

Check if there are 'Forwarded routing Rules' on Unity Connection which are forwarding calls on one mailbox to another.  On Unity Connection go to Call Management > Call routing > Forwarded Routing Rules

This may help

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/unity/41600-2-ip-phones-1-mbox.html#procedure2

Regards,

Onkar Mahajan

Please rate if helpful

Only forwarding rules I see are "Attempt Forward" and "Opening Greeting" which I assume are default forwarding rules.  I also looked at the alternate extensions options and there are none listed on either mailbox.   

That's interesting. 

Can you test/confirm when your forwarded call reaches to each mailbox, do you hear the correct and different greeting for each mailbox?

After leaving Voicemail to any one mailbox, you can go to User > Edit > Mailbox and check 'Number of Messages' count, if it's increasing on only one mailbox or both? (you might want to test this when there are no other production calls, just to make sure only your test call is counted)

Also, because both extensions are on same phone, are they using correct method to retrieve/ listen to the voicemails from each extension? 

Regards,

Onkar Mahajan

Please rate if helpful

I think we need to see your actual configuration for each of those mailboxes in CUC. Also the CUCM page showing the call forward settings on each of these DNs.   Do you have other mailboxes that behave normally?  If so then confirm that these two problem extensions use the same voicemail profile as the working ones.

TONY SMITH
Spotlight
Spotlight

I this behaviour mutual?  By which I mean a voice mail left for mailbox 1 also goes to mailbox line 2, and a voicemail left for mailbox 2 also goes to mailbox 1?  If so, and given that you've deleted and recreated the line 2 mailbox, are you sure that both extensions aren't in fact talking to the same mailbox?

Yes, a voicemail left on one will also be left on the other.  Each box in Unity Connection has a separate user with different aliases and extensions.  Is there anything else that would cause them to be seen as a match?