Views
Helpful
Replies

Windows OpenSSH, UCCX, DRS and Ciphers

KSouthern
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am trying to use OpenSSH server which is built into Windows Server 2019 for DRS of our UCCX system.   Long story short I am decommissioning and older server and need to move the backups.  The DRS on the UCCX throws an error message, "Update failed : Unable to access SFTP server. Please ensure the username and password are correct."  I know the username and password are correct as I have them working correctly on the other two DRS configurations I setup.    I have narrowed it down to an issue with ciphers that are not available by default with the Windows OpenSSH version.   I have been searching around trying to find a way to add those, but I only seem to find information that is not relevant or I am not understanding what to do.   

Hoping someone might have some information they could share that would help me add the ciphers needed to the config_sshd file.

Thanks,

Keith

2 Replies 2

patrick032
Level 1
Level 1
Hey man, have you found some fix for that?
I am raising a case. This is a very important question.

Hi Patrick,

I did end up getting this working.   There is an sshd_config file located in C:\ProgramData\ssh.   In the document, there is a ciphers section in that file where you can add the ciphers.  Here is what I added to make ours work.

#Enabling all Ciphers!
Ciphers +aes128-ctr,aes192-ctr,aes256-ctr,aes128-cbc,3des-cbc

Once you update the file you will need to restart the services, then you can test DRS.   I would recommend taking a copy of the file to edit incase you have any issues. 

Hopefully that helps.