cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Azhar Hossen
Beginner

Network Controller - Discover IPv6 Network devices in Packet Tracer

Hello Cisco Experts,

I came to know that we need to use square brackets “[ ]” when entering IPv6 address in a Web browser.

I have a network in Cisco Packet tracer 8.1.1 where I am using a Network Controller to discover my IPv6 networking devices. However, it is not working as it should. 

Is there any specific format to use when entering the IPv6 address in the "New Discovery" window with CDP as the Discovery type ?  See screenshot attached.

Awaiting for a response.

Regards,

Azhar 

5 REPLIES 5
Flavio Miranda
Advisor

Hi

Attach your project here, you just need to zip it first.  It is easier for people here to help you. 

Hello @Flavio Miranda,

Please find attached the project.

Note that the credential is as follows:

username: admin

password: cisco

Awaiting for a response.

Regards,

Azhar

Hi

Try this way. I was able to access as you can see on the attached file.

http://[2001:DB8:0:4::2] 

Hello @Flavio Miranda,

Thank you for your response.

Actually, I have been able to access the IP address using the square braket "[ ]". This is not my concern.

The problem is when I am trying to put the IPv6 address on the Network Controller in the "New Discovery" window. It does not discover the devices and the status is Inactive. See attached screenshot.

I clicked on the blue "Start" button, but in vain.

Also, on the dashboard, there are 0 network devices. See attached screenshot.

Could you please help ?

Awaiting for a response.

Regards,

Azhar

Flavio Miranda
Advisor

It does not work. But, I have just a few point to add.  I think you should start with IPv4 which is easy to troubleshooting. And , if you did not yet, look at the samples. Theres fully working topology there that might help you. 

Simulator sometimes is complicate cause we dont always know if we did something wrong or it is not working as expected.