cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Trying to Answer Calls From My Laptop Using Jabber

TDECK
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to set up Jabber so that when I am out of the office I can use my laptop and Bluetooth headset to answer phone calls. When I set my phone as the device to use for calls, everything is working except for one aspect - When someone calls my phone number and I click the answer button from my laptop, it tries to use the microphone and speaker from my phone, which doesn't help me when I am out of the office. And this is the only way I can make calls from my laptop, which when I am the one making the call, it DOES use my Bluetooth headset that is connected to my laptop.

BUT... when I set the device to use as my computer, I can't send or receive any calls.

The only solution I've found so far is to forward the calls to my mobile phone and just have my Bluetooth headset paired with my mobile phone. But then I don't get any of the caller ID, which I find helpful for my job, but I can work without it if this is the only way for it to work.

Is there any way to configure Jabber to use the microphone and speaker from my laptop? I did check the settings in Jabber already and my Bluetooth headset is set as the default device to be used.

1 Reply 1

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What is the actual symptom when Jabber is set to use the computer as a softphone (ie not desk phone control)? What do you mean by “can’t send or receive any calls?” Reorder? One or no-way audio?