cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CER REST API issue

bkenneally
Level 4
Level 4

Has anyone else seen issues with the volume of data the API currently attempts to respond with?

Because there is so little filtering in the API as it stands, I'm unable to use it on any of our production CER servers, as the requests consistently time out because the amount of data is larger than the server can process and send. Are the developers looking at adding filtering or pagination to the API in future releases of the product?

3 Replies 3

sandsha2
Level 1
Level 1

Ideally it should not timeout. What is the CER version and is authentication API returning success? How many switches, IP subnets, phone etc in CER?

CER version 10.5.1.10000-5. The API returns success, and I successfully get the information back from the server in our test lab, which has 1 switch stack with 2 subnets and about 2 dozen phones.

The issue begins to occur when I move to our production clusters, each of which have somewhere around 8000 phones across 300 switch stacks, each of which may have between 96 and 240 ports. Since there's no way to filter the information I'm currently seeing nothing but time outs for any of the requests that produce larger amounts of data.

Adam Pawlowski
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I am in agreement with your assessment of it. This feature is very limited in usefulness without any sort of filtering to actually query something. The authentication is pointless, none of the calls actually require it to do anything? It just exposes pretty much all of your configuration data if you don't have the web interface properly firewalled, which unfortunately ends up including both your administrative personnel and the "security" users who want the user interface.

I would actually rather turn this off if possible until it is updated.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: