Views
Helpful
Replies

Changing IP Phones CSS with 3rd Party Application

mazloumi.arash
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

Our company plans to deploy UC suite for one hotel, one of the hotel requirements is that, their automation software can automatically change the CSS of room ip phones at the check in based on guest request (for example CSS for international call, nationall, ...).

I'd like to know that if its possible or not, if possible please introduce me some beginning points that i can share it with my development team, for example which API to use, JTAPI, TAPI, XML, ..., or which function to use and so on, (truely i'm not good at programming)

Best Regards

Arash Mazloumi

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Arash,

You can send AXL requests to restart or reset the phone in versions 10.0 or later. The API methods you might be interested in are:

applyPhone

resetPhone

restartPhone

As for the wake up call question, do you want your application to call a specific phone at a specific time and play an automated message? If so, then yes you could do this with TAPI or JTAPI.

Thanks,

Adrienne

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

amoherek
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Arash,

You can use AXL's updateLine to edit the directory number configuration from one CSS to another CSS. AXL acts as a provisioning and configuration API, not as a real-time API.

However, if you want to dynamically route or reject calls in real-time you could use CURRI. Here's more info - https://developer.cisco.com/site/collaboration/call-control/curri/overview/

Thanks,

Adrienne

Dear Adriene

Thanks for your great answer, after change the CSS with updateLine can i reset or restart the phone with AXL interface, if yes which code can i use for that,

also i face another requirement, how can in develope wake me up function with these interface, for instance one guest ask reservation that set the wake up clock for 7:00 am, is it possible to do that with TAPI or JTAPI?

Regards

Arash Mazloumi

Hi Arash,

You can send AXL requests to restart or reset the phone in versions 10.0 or later. The API methods you might be interested in are:

applyPhone

resetPhone

restartPhone

As for the wake up call question, do you want your application to call a specific phone at a specific time and play an automated message? If so, then yes you could do this with TAPI or JTAPI.

Thanks,

Adrienne

Dear Adriene

Thanks for your great solution, my CUCM version is 8.5, are these API methods (restartPhone, ...) supported on this platform too? if not is there another solution for reseting the phones?

Regards

Arash Mazloumi

Hi Arash,

No, you will not be able to use the new APIs I previously mentioned, but you can use doDeviceReset to perform a hard or soft reset. Also, I highly recommend using a newer version of CUCM, if possible, because you don't want to get stuck without support. Here's the EOL for CUCM 8.5 - End-of-Sale and End-of-Life Announcement for the Cisco Unified Communications Manager Versions 8.5 and 8.6 - Cisco

Thanks,

Adrienne

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: