Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 10 and later License Update Usage Details via API

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

I have been working on some python scripts that allocate owners to devices within CUCM.

Before I do any of this I get the current license usage from CUCM (not PLM) using the SQL request shown below.

SELECT name,value FROM TABLE( FUNCTION LicenseTotals() )(pkid,name,value,UserValue,DeviceValue)
name value
================= =====================
CUWL Standard 24
EnhancedPlus 28
Enhanced 72
Basic 9
Essential 0
TelePresence Room 3
TotalUsers 76
TotalDevices 60
Timestamp 2020-04-24 11:12:15
ElmLastContact 1541032241
Elm NP-L-CUCM1.acme.com

After my script updates device ownership I would like to update the device ownership and re-run the SQL command. The device ownership can be updated by clicking the Update Usage Details button under the CUCM System > License > License Management menu.

My query is can I update the license usage details using AXL? - if not then is there any other way of doing it from a python script?

Note the AXL interface updateLicenseCapabilities is not the answer - this was for pre-9.0 CUCM releases.

2 Replies 2

thedd
Level 1
Level 1

So you want to assigne users to be the owner of an device.

After this you want the CUCM to update the Usage Report.

I did not have a look into AXL Documentation yet but why don't you use the Web for this one click?

Hi,

Thanks for the response. I need the "click" to take place within the script.

I am using Python 3 to create the script so I guess I could look for a browser automation python library.

A quick search indicates that Selenium might fit the bill - anyone used it to automate CUCM clicks?