cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Failed to execute queries to CUCM via AXL at same time (503 service unavailable)

mataxl
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

i have a problem with Call Manager version 11.5, when i try to execute a lot of simple select query at the same time through java code.

In the attachments you can see the error log that printed my application server.

I'm using java as client and the cxf to open the connection (if you need i can attach the code) and linux as os.

This errors happens sometimes, not always, only when i try to execute a lot of query at the same time in my application.

(As workaround i implemented some re-try to handle this error but is not the best idea honestly)

Can someone help me and give me any ideas please??

Thanks

Mattia

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

503 seems to indicate AXL is applying a throttle due to a too-busy situation.  This section in the developer guide may provide some insight: https://developer.cisco.com/docs/axl/#!axl-developer-guide/data-throttling-and-performance

Note the AXL API can be serving requests from other applications (including Cisco apps like IM&P), and throttling is globally.  Even if your application is fairly lightweight, it is good to implement a sane 503/retry mechanism to handle transient situations.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

503 seems to indicate AXL is applying a throttle due to a too-busy situation.  This section in the developer guide may provide some insight: https://developer.cisco.com/docs/axl/#!axl-developer-guide/data-throttling-and-performance

Note the AXL API can be serving requests from other applications (including Cisco apps like IM&P), and throttling is globally.  Even if your application is fairly lightweight, it is good to implement a sane 503/retry mechanism to handle transient situations.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: