cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Function Role - Application Mapping using SQL

manjaria
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking for a query that allows mapping user function roles with Application. Essentially a query that allows mapping FunctionRole.pkid with TypeApplication.enum ?

1 Reply 1

manjaria
Level 1
Level 1

It was an interesting problem for me as I couldn’t find any data dictionary mapping between function role between mapping and application.
So here is how it needs to be done,

Create Function Role using,

INSERT INTO functionrole (pkid,name,description,isstandard) VALUES (newid(),' Dummy Role',' Dummy Role','f')

And then map it with resources using,

INSERT INTO functionroleresourcemap (pkid,fkfunctionrole,permission,tkresource) select newid(),functionrole.pkid,2,typeresource.enum from functionrole,typeresource where functionrole.name='Dummy Role' AND typeresource.name IN('Device Pool web pages','Device Profile web pages')

Executing these two queries automatically binds the role to “Cisco Call Manager Administration”. In other words, CUCM decides the application based on resource permissions you select for the role.

Strange, but interesting one.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: