cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to remote query the CAR database for Call History Detail

mgowland
Level 1
Level 1

I would like a run some custom reports programmatically via remote sql queries if possible. I cannot find any documentation on this.  The AXL doc is great and is working well for us but I beleive AXL is for configuration only, correct?  How can I remotely connect to the CUCM call logs database to access call record details? What sort of sql database is it, eg mysql postgres etc? Is there schema documentation anywhere for this database? Also, when running sql on the CUCM it appears to only show a small subset of records, does that sound right?

3 Replies 3

Geevarghese Cheria
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Matt,

Apologies for delay in responding to you. Moving your question under AXL community for more visibility of support engineers.

Thanks and Regards,

Geevarghese

felten
Level 1
Level 1

I'm also looking for the call history per user and their personal contacts. I've queried a lot of tables in the CUCM database but none of them contained what I was looking for.

The CAR database is not accessible for external access.

The general mechanism for creating custom 3rd party CUCM CDR reports is to configure the CDR Repository Manager to periodically deliver the CDR records to a designated 3rd party SFTP server (up to 3), where a custom app could process them - i.e. import into a database, and combine with data from AXL to produce detailed reports.