Views
Helpful
Replies

How to remove between locations from Location using AXL

jdrinkwater
Level 1
Level 1

How to remove between locations from Location using AXL

Trying to remove the between locations from the current location using AXL. 

It seems you can only issue updateLocation request with <betweenLocations/> tag to delete all the locations from the both location then add the existing ones back.

Is anyone found the better solution for this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Testing on my 11.5 system, the behaviour is definitely weird, and I think incorrect.  It appears that if you do <updateLocation>, anything in <betweenLocations> gets added to the existing list of <betweenLocations>, rather than replacing the list (as I would expect, and as AXL works in other areas.)

I've opened a defect to track/investigate this issue: CSCvo57112

You may be able to work around the issue by using <executeSqlQuery> - the relevant tables appear to be 'location' and 'locationmatrix'.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Testing on my 11.5 system, the behaviour is definitely weird, and I think incorrect.  It appears that if you do <updateLocation>, anything in <betweenLocations> gets added to the existing list of <betweenLocations>, rather than replacing the list (as I would expect, and as AXL works in other areas.)

I've opened a defect to track/investigate this issue: CSCvo57112

You may be able to work around the issue by using <executeSqlQuery> - the relevant tables appear to be 'location' and 'locationmatrix'.

jdrinkwater
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks David!!

I will follow up with the status of the case.