Views
Helpful
Replies

updatePhone line property 10.5

JacobMunson
Level 1
Level 1

hello all,

I am trying to update a line on a phone using updatePhone however looking at the AXL logs it looks like CUCM is dropping the line part of the xml that I am sending. I want to add an associated user to a line andas far as I know the only way to do this is using updatePhone. I see that others are having issues with the updatePhone addline and remove line options and I am wondering if anyone else is having issues with updating a line on a phone?

Thank you

15 Replies 15

I believe the WSDL is correct, in that you can provide:

A) a <lines> element, or

B) one/both of <addLines>/<removeLines>

Moving the </xsd:sequence> below the lines element as mentioned above would theoretically permit you to provide all three (lines/addLines/removeLines) which is not intended.

It appears the workaround is to use PHP classes to define the lines/add/remove part of the object, e.g.:

class updatePhone_using_addLines {
    public $name;
    public $addLines;
}

// Instantiate an object of the custom class
$updatePhoneObj = new updatePhone_using_addLines;
$updatePhoneObj -> name = 'CSFTESTPHONE';

// We can set addLines as an array in the usual SoapClient way
$updatePhoneObj -> addLines = array(
    "line" => array(
        "index" => "2",
        "dirn" => array(
            "pattern" => "9876543210",
            "routePartitionName" => null
        )
    )
 );

I went ahead and created a sample demonstrating this with <updatePhone> in the project here: https://github.com/ciscodevnet/axl-php-samples

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: