cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

updateRemoteDestinationProfile - adding lines is not consistent with updatePhone

jnrichter
Level 1
Level 1

Hey,

I just wanted to add some lines to a remote destination profile via AXL and checked the request via SoapUI. I was confused because I did not find any <addLine> tags in there. It seems that you can only set the whole set of lines associated with this profile. Is it possible to just "add" a line, without specifying the old lines?

In an updatePhone request you have 3 ways to modify the lines: addLine, removeLine and lines. This is not possible in updateRemoteDestinationProfile though. Is there a reason for this?

1 Reply 1

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There are many areas of the AXL schema that involve lists or collections of items that belong to other items.  In some (possibly most) cases, AXL exposes only the ability to update the collection as a whole.  For some of the more common/popular requests where this is particularly painful, the 'addXXX/removeXX' mechanism is provided.

Essentially providng this for updateRemoteDestinationProfile/lines (and possibly many other similar collections) would be an enhancement request.

If this limitation is particularly difficult to work with, you may be able to accomplish the same thing via custom SQL queries and executeSqlUpdate, though that will carry its own set of caveats.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: