cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

XBusyLampField specifies minOccurs=1, which contradicts annotation, RBusyLampField behaviour and other AXL call choice options

Jonathan Els
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

Looks to be a bug in XBusyLampField in 11.5 AXL.

The schema is:

<xsd:complexType name="XBusyLampField">

<xsd:sequence minOccurs="0">

<xsd:element maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="1" name="blfDest" type="xsd:string">

<xsd:annotation>

<xsd:documentation>Either blfDest or the combination of blfDirn and routePartition is to be mentioned in the add/update request, if both are mentioned AXL will read only the blfDest tag and ignore blfDirn and routePartition.</xsd:documentation>

</xsd:annotation>

</xsd:element>

<xsd:choice minOccurs="1">

<xsd:sequence minOccurs="1">

<xsd:element maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="0" name="blfDirn" type="axlapi:String255">

<xsd:documentation>Either blfDest or the combination of blfDirn and routePartition is to be mentioned in the add/update request, if both are mentioned AXL will read only the blfDest tag and ignore blfDirn and routePartition.</xsd:documentation>

<xsd:element maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="0" name="routePartition" type="xsd:string"/>

</xsd:sequence>

</xsd:choice>

<xsd:element maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="0" name="label" type="xsd:string"/>

<xsd:element maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="0" name="associatedBlfSdFeatures">

<xsd:complexType>

<xsd:element maxOccurs="unbounded" minOccurs="0" name="feature" type="axlapi:XBLFSDOption"/>

</xsd:complexType>

<xsd:element maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="1" name="index" type="axlapi:XInteger"/>

This forces blfDest to be included in a request, such as for addPhone.

It also does not match RBusyLampField:

<xsd:complexType name="RBusyLampField">

<xsd:element maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="0" name="blfDest" type="xsd:string">

<xsd:choice minOccurs="0">

<xsd:element maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="0" name="blfDirn" type="axlapi:String255">

<xsd:element maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="0" name="routePartition" type="xsd:string"/>

<xsd:element maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="0" name="label" type="xsd:string"/>

<xsd:element maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="0" name="associatedBlfSdFeatures">

<xsd:complexType>

<xsd:element maxOccurs="unbounded" minOccurs="0" name="feature" type="axlapi:XBLFSDOption"/>

<xsd:element maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="0" name="index" type="axlapi:XInteger"/>

This means that I can get a response from AXL like this:

('busyLampFields',

OrderedDict([('busyLampField',

[OrderedDict([('blfDest', None),

('blfDirn', '1001'),

('routePartition', None),

('label', 'x1001'),

('associatedBlfSdFeatures', None),

('index', 1)]),

OrderedDict([('blfDest', '+3243543252'),

('blfDirn', None),

('label', 'Mobile'),

('associatedBlfSdFeatures',

OrderedDict([('feature',

['Pickup'])])),

('index', 2)]),

OrderedDict([('blfDest', None),

('blfDirn', '1003'),

('label', 'x1003'),

('index', 3)]),

OrderedDict([('blfDest', None),

('blfDirn', '1004'),

('label', 'x1004'),

('index', 4)])])])),

However, if I used this structure to try add to a new phone, it fails using python-zeep, as several of the BLFs were configured with Directory Number/Partition, not with a static BLF destination

Workaround seem to be to manually edit the minOccurs and set it to zero.  This looks to me to be a bug.

As an aside, this xsd definition does not match other common request choice options in other AXL API calls, where the typically this would be included in the choice, such as for:

<xsd:complexType name="UpdateCallParkReq">

<xsd:complexContent>

<xsd:extension base="axlapi:APIRequest">

<xsd:sequence>

<xsd:choice>

<xsd:element name="uuid" type="axlapi:XUUID"/>

<xsd:sequence>

<xsd:element maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="1" name="pattern" nillable="false" type="xsd:string"/>

<xsd:element maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="0" name="routePartitionName" nillable="true" type="axlapi:XFkType"/>

I expect that the definitions for both XBlf and RBlf need to be restructured.

3 Replies 3

Jonathan Els
Level 5
Level 5

The traceback is long from python-zeep, but it ends with a validation error:

File "C:\Users\jonathan.els\Envs\uctoolkit\lib\site-packages\zeep\xsd\types\complex.py", line 253, in render

element.render(parent, element_value, child_path)

File "C:\Users\jonathan.els\Envs\uctoolkit\lib\site-packages\zeep\xsd\elements\indicators.py", line 241, in render

element.render(parent, element_value, child_path)

File "C:\Users\jonathan.els\Envs\uctoolkit\lib\site-packages\zeep\xsd\elements\element.py", line 185, in render

self.validate(value, render_path)

File "C:\Users\jonathan.els\Envs\uctoolkit\lib\site-packages\zeep\xsd\elements\element.py", line 236, in validate

"Missing element %s" % (self.name), path=render_path)

zeep.exceptions.ValidationError: Missing element blfDest (addPhone.phone.busyLampFields.busyLampField.blfDest)

I'm also having the same issue with updating blfDirn and respective routePartition via AXL for a given device name, using the Schema files for 14x. It errors with "Missing element blfDest" when I am not actually adding a blfDest, and if I try to pass blfDest = None with my blfDirn and routePartition variables - that isn't working either, since blfDest is not being recognized by the SOAP transaction when I pass in blfDirn/routePartition in the same request. It's like a recursive loop!! However If I open AXLSoap.xsd for the given schema version and modify blfDest element in XBusyLampField and and set minOccurs = 0, it will allow me to update the blfDirn and routePartition via AXL.I don't know how to get this done otherwise, and there was very little information on this exact topic available online.

It looks like there is an existing defect (CSCvw30202 - XBusyLampField schema definition incorrectly defines <xsd:choice> options) addressing the core issue here.  I'll followup to see what can be done to progress it...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: