Helpful
Replies

ME3600&3800 MVPN

dfranjoso
Level 1
Level 1

Hello my friends,

Looking at the MVPN implementation on the ME3600&3800 on link

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/metro/me3600x_3800x/software/release/15.2_4_S/configuration/guide/swmvpn.html

We can see the following restrictions (among several others):

Pseudowire towards the core svi is not supported.

• I really don't understand this restriction .. If the Core SVI is the MPLS enabled interface toward the Core, it shouldn't have no PSW there .. Can anybody clarify this ?

Maximum number of OIFs supported is 62.

• So we can assume that the maximum MDT number is 62, am i right ?

Did anyone used this equipments for MVPN, care to share your experience please ?

Thanks !

David

2 Replies 2

yashfaqu
Level 1
Level 1

I Agree with your point, these statements are confusing, and should be made simple.

- PW is not supported if your core facing interface is SVI. or if your remote PW Peer is reachable through MPLS-Enabled SVI interface.

- 62 OIFs Mean "Maximum Outgoing Interface per group is 62"

Thanks Yasir, but still i don't understand:

• What a PW has to do with MVPN (this statement is on the MVPN  ?
  • Since we've raised this issue, the core facing interface should be a routed MPLS enable interface to PWs work ?
  • Regarding the OIF:
    • there will be 1 OIF for each Default-MDT
    • there will be 1 OIF for each Data-MDT activated for each group whenever threshold is passed
  • So, if we have a maximum of 62 OIF per group we can say that we can have 61 OIF per MDT (excluding the 1 OIF for the Default-MDT). Is this assumption right ? (i'm a bit confused with the wording!)

A couple of more questions:

What's the maximum number of MDTs per ME3600 & 3800 ?

Is Labeled Switch Multicast on the road-map for this equipments ?

Many many thanks Yasir!

David