Views
Helpful
Replies

ASR9K Rosen mGRE and mLDP in-band co-existence

lubomir.varacka
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys,

I'll try to describe my situation first - existing MPLS network with two ASR9K as core routers, ME3600X and/or ASR920 as PE routers running Rosen-Draft mVPN / Default MDT (Profile 0). I need to add new Ericsson PE routers to the topology (behind ASR9K), which supports only mLDP in-band signalling (profile 6/7). The goal is to keep Rosen and also be able to use the same VPN/VRF and all existing multicast streams on Ericsson too. It doesn't matter where will be the mcast source and the receivers located, it must work in all directions.

Examples:

1) mcast source <-> ASR920 <Rosen> ASR9K <mLDP in-band> Ericsson <-> mcast receiver (and vice versa)

2) ---------------------------- mcast source --------------------------------------
----------------------------------- || --------------------------------------------
mcast receiver <-> ME3600X <Rosen> ASR9K <mLDP in-band> Ericsson <-> mcast receiver

I was able to achieve a working example two, when the mcast source was located behind the ASR9K by using route-policy. In this situation, core-tree protocol from ME3600X to ASR9K is set to pim-default and from Ericsson to ASR9K to mldp-inband.

The first example unfortunately didn't work. Maybe I just overlooked something or misunderstood the concepts. Is this even possible? If not, is there another option how to achieve this?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Lubo

0 Replies 0