Views
Helpful
Replies

Bypass TE tunnels?

John Blakley
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

All,

I have a lab with quite a few routers and I've been trying to figure something out. I have 2 tunnels up between PEs. I have a customer site that seems to be going over Tu1 for all of their traffic and I have another customer site (CustB) that is also going over Tu1. Is there a way that I can force any of these customers to NOT go over a tunnel, but instead go over a normal mpls link? How would I prefer the internal interface as opposed to the tunnel interface in this scenario, or is it normal for all customer traffic to go over a tunnel once it's created?

Thanks,

John

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Vaibhava Varma
Level 4
Level 4

Hi John

When a TE tunnel between Tunnel Headned A and Tunnel Tail End B is placed into Routing Table then at the Tunnel Headend ,all destinations for which Tunnel Tailend is the Next-Hop will always be forwarded across the TE Tunnel as its a directly connected hop. If there is an alternate LDP Next-Hop available to reach destinations on and behind Tunnel Tailend we can use PBR on the ingress interface on Tunnel Head End to send the traffic to ignore TE-Tunnel under normal condtions and follow the LDP path.

Hope this helps to answer you query.

Regards

Varma

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Vaibhava Varma
Level 4
Level 4

Hi John

When a TE tunnel between Tunnel Headned A and Tunnel Tail End B is placed into Routing Table then at the Tunnel Headend ,all destinations for which Tunnel Tailend is the Next-Hop will always be forwarded across the TE Tunnel as its a directly connected hop. If there is an alternate LDP Next-Hop available to reach destinations on and behind Tunnel Tailend we can use PBR on the ingress interface on Tunnel Head End to send the traffic to ignore TE-Tunnel under normal condtions and follow the LDP path.

Hope this helps to answer you query.

Regards

Varma