cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CBWFQ/LLQ over main interface with Vrf-Lite enabled multiple point-to-point FR sub-interface

ashish-nagpal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a FR link which is having 3 point-to-point sub-interfaces. Each sub-interface is mapped with different DLCI and each sub-interface belong to different VRF (VPN). Like sub-interface 1/0.1 -> DLCI 100 -> VRF_A ; sub-interface 1/0.2 -> DLCI 200 -> VRF_B; sub-interface 1/0.3 -> DLCI 300 -> VRF_C

There is 4th VRF i.e., LAN_VRF which is applied on LAN interface. All WAN VRFs (over FR link) are communicating with LAN VRF using VRF-Lite mechanism because this all is done in single router. There is only 1 IP (lets say 10.0.0.1) in LAN which has to feed different servers in each WAN VRFs lying at remote-site. So this LAN IP is advertised in all 3 WAN VRFs.

Total b/w I have on WAN is 512kb. I have to apply QOS and prioritze that 1 LAN IP over WAN and give 60% percent of strict total b/w of the WAN link.

I am confused that how to give priority that 1 LAN IP over main interface when there are 3 sub-interfaces belonging to different VRFs.

I know, I have to use FRTS with CBWFQ/LLQ in this case. But is it possible to use FRTS in conjunction with CBWFQ/LLQ over main interface and that will prioritize that LAN IP address for all 3 sub-interface in different DLCI and VRF?

Please assist.

1 Reply 1

Laurent Aubert
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

You can't have both FRTS + CBWFQ on the main interface.

If you are already using FRTS for each PVC, you should per PVC allocate some BW for this application.

If you are not using FRTS, you can apply directly a service-policy on the main interface using your 512k as a bandwidth reference but it will be a shared QoS policy for the 3x VRF.

HTH

Laurent.