Views
Helpful
Replies

Integrating IGX with MPLS...

bala.kcs
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have a network of 10 IGXs running on Leased Lines serving the Voice & Dataconnectivity needs.. Now our Service Provider is offering Managed MPLS services.. Managed in the sense, he provides the Edge Router & asking us to just connect the Ethernet from our Switch to him.. This finds okay for Data.. However we have most of our BW only on Voice, Is there any Option someone can think of Integrating IGX traffic to go via the MPLS network... The Need is how to connect IGXs using ATM Trunks (UXMs) thru the MPLS network. ... Any suggestions Pls.

regards,

KCS Balaji

4 Replies 4

karief
Level 1
Level 1

Use URM's to Integrate IGX using ATM Trunks (UXMS)

Des: URM IOS Image

image : URM-JSM

Family : URM

Feature : Enterprise Plus

ver: 12.2(11)T

Front Type : URM

Front rev: BAA

-- Enable the Tag Switching ip in the ATM Interface and the configure the extended-port towards the physical UXM's ports.

regards

arief

Hi Arief,

How will be the Physical Connectivity between the URM (Fast Ethernet), UXM(E1) & Managed MPLS Router..

Sorry, I was not clear... If you have no objections, Can you let me know your telephone number if you are in US or Uk.. I can reach you for more discussions if required.. Are you aware of any working setups like the one suggested ?

regards,

KCS balaji

Balaji,

The URM is essentially an IP blade in the IGX platform. The URM has an atm OC3 interface that would connect to the IGX backplane . For details on using the IGX and URM for MPLS services, please check the following url .

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/wanbu/igx8400/9_3_30/pg/igxpgrtr.htm

Regards

Shajith

Balaji...

Past 2 days I was off , Iam in saudi Arabia (cell:96655207107.

I hope the mentioned cisco's URL might have given some idea for the requirement that you looking for , If you still face problems , call me ...

regards

arief