cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MPLS in the Enterprise

gillins
Level 1
Level 1

Has any had any experience with using MPLS in the Enterprise? I would like to use MPLS to segment the different parts of my network. I basically have 4 different user bases at remote locations and several others including development in the corporate areas. I would like to use MPLS between all of my sites and basically have my current router act as the PE with the different interfaces be different sudo customers. Then once I have this set up I can use a firewall to touch each MPLS vrf to redistribute networks to the other networks so it appears that it is one big network but I then would have a single location to be able to administer policy and rules as to who can talk to who. I would like to hear if any one has done this and what problems and or benefits they received from doing this approach. I know it may seem like over kill but it would give me a definitive answer to say yes an out break of a virus on one segment would not be able to affect another vrf if they rules and what not were in place.

1 Reply 1

michaelhawkins
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

we run three sites with a pair of 7200 PE's at each site. This allows us to get our security partioned networks to all three sites very cost effectively.

But beware, setting up basic VPN's is relatively easy compared to setting up tunnels and traffic engineering.