cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MPLS VPN over DSL

Haris P
Level 4
Level 4

We have one Client wished to run MPLS VPN. His head office is connected to our ISP Backbone via a leased line, all other branches are connected via ADSL. The IP addresses are assigned to the DSL when the user connects and the DSL gets a virtual interface on the PE when it connects

Whether MPLS VPN is possible with this dynamically created Virtual interface and Head office?

4 Replies 4

mirco.orlandi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I don't know if you are using ppp with radius authentications over DSL connections. If you are in this scenario, you can put a Virtual-access into a vrf using Cisco-AVPair in radius cfg.

This is an example of radius user definition:

Auth-Type = Local, User-Password =

Cisco-AVPair += "lcp:send-secret=",

Cisco-AVPair += "lcp:interface-config#1=ip vrf forwarding ",

Cisco-AVPair += "lcp:interface-config#2=ip address 255.255.255.252"

Based on "username", a Virtual-access is dynamically assigned to a vrf.

If you are not using IGP from PE to CE (over DSL link), you can also use radius to install a static route.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Mirco.

Hi,

Agree with Micro, and further if you have issues with using Cisco-AVPair, you can apply the VRF under the virtual-template itself whether it is PPPoA or PPPoE.

BR,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

Dear Mahmoud ,

In any case I think we need to be depending on Cisco AVPair , But I'm using a third party radius software which doesn't support AVPair . I'm little bit confused about about how I can do a vrf under virtual-template without depending on Radius .

Regards,

Haris

Hi Haris,

It can be done by simply applying the "ip vrf forwarding x" command under the virtual-template interface itself, then when the virtual-access is cloned it will inherit the VRF under the virtual-template.

BR,

Mohammed Mahmoud.