cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multi-hop MPLS TE tunnels with diverse dynamic paths

seanmueller
Level 1
Level 1

I am designing a cell site backhaul network that will be transporting SAToP t1's over pseudowire on a Mix of ASR9k's, 903's and 901's.  In order to provide fast re-route protection for these T1's i'm attempting to build a TE enviroment with FRR enabled. 

My understanding is that Auto-tunnels for primary and backup will only cover the next hop.  In order to have an end to end multi-hop tunnel I need to manually create the tunnel interfaces.  When I do this I cannot create two tunnels with diverse dynamic paths.  In order to have 2 diverse paths ready to go, at least one needs to be an explicit path.  Is this correct?

I'm looking for a dynamic soultion that will not require explicit paths for about 150 pseudowires.  Is there any wayt to do this, that i'm missing?

2 Replies 2

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I think you can create multiple templates and by using CBTS to route the desired traffic over the required TE tunnel combined with CBTS can achieve it

each template can has its own path calculation e.g DS-te or explicit path vs dynamic

hope this help

may be creating second loopback on each pe and adding affinities to diverse path links and dynamic path-option for tunnel setup will solve the administrative overhead issue, we solving similar problem at the moment for Sigtran. If you find more solution, please post here.