Views
Helpful
Replies

Unframed E1 over MPLS (TDM over IP)

n.taka
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to configure an unframed E1 and trasport it over MPLS. I have installed one PA-MC-STM1 module on a 7206 PE router and one on the 7604 PE router. The STM1 level is UP and also the E1 level is UP. I am using AU-4 mapping  on our SDH network.Clocking is set to Line on both PE routers. The serial interface is UP on both PE routers when the E1 is physically looped. Also the "sh mpls l2transport vc" on both PE router shows that the VC connection is UP. But when I run a BERT test and physically loop from the other end - I receive LSS (Loss os Sequence Synchronization) error message.

Please if someone can assist or has done this type of connection to bring this unframed E1 over the MPLS.

Thanks

Navi

11 Replies 11

Mahesh Gohil
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

Can you post show controller sonet output from both end

Regards

Mahesh

Hi,

Attached is the sh run configs of both PE routers and also the sh controller sonet, sh int and sh mpls l2transport vc.

Regards

Navi

Hi Navi,

Well config looks same and I am having similar hardware but working fine

just pasting my config ..may be useful to you

controller SONET 3/0/0
ais-shut
framing sdh
clock source internal
aug mapping au-4
!
au-4 1 tug-3 1
  mode c-12
  tug-2 1 e1 1 unframed

Regards

Mahesh

Hi,

I will try to change my clock source from line to internal on both the PE router and will revert back.

Thanks

Navi

Hi,

I change the clocking on the controller sonet to internal but when BERT testeed still getting TSE error message.

Also I don't have the ais-shut on the controller sonet. I am using 7200VXR series.

Regards

Navi

Hi Mahesh,

Just a few questions if you don't mind:

1. Are you also using MPLS to transport the unframed E1?

2. What PE router are you using?

3. What is your serial configuration at both ends of the PE?

Thanks once again for your assistance.

Regards

Navi

Hello Navi,

I am using 7609 router at both end and config is similar at both end as per below

controller SONET 3/0/0
ais-shut
framing sdh
clock source internal
aug mapping au-4
!
au-4 1 tug-3 1
  mode c-12
  tug-2 1 e1 1 unframed

interface Serial3/0/0.1/1/1/1:0
description
mtu 7673
bandwidth 512
ip verify unicast source reachable-via any allow-default  allow-self-ping
no cdp enable
no clns route-cache

I don't know how this information is going to be useful for you

Regards

Mahesh

Hi Mahesh,

The E1 end-to-end test still fails even after I put the configs you sent.

Please can you confirm if you are using MPLS to transport the E1 across. We are using 7206 on one end and 7604 on the other.

I have made some tests below:

1.Loopback on the E1 on PE1 :command - tug-2 1 e1 1 loopback network line

Test is OK on the Local end.

2. Loopback on the E1 on PE2: command - tug-2 1 e1 1 loopback network line

Test is OK on the Local end

3. End to End test is giving LSS on the BERT tester. (Loss of sequesnce synchronization)

Please if you can assist us on this, it will be very much appreciated.

Regards

Navi

Hello Navi,

Few details of LSS i have shared as below. Moeover I have not experienced this issue but one of my friend has faced such issue and as per him

this should not be any problem with config but some loose wiring/dut on connector/any in some curcumstances power level of equipment

But i did not find any document who support this statement. Anyway you can go ahead as stated in above statement as a last try

=========================================================

5.3.3 Out-of-service defect information

An out-of-service defect occurs when there is a change of state of the test signal from its normal state. Since some

out-of-service test equipment uses PRBSs which are embedded in standardized path signals, it might also be possible to

evaluate in-service defects (see 5.2.3).

NOTE ā€“ Some test equipment which uses a PRBS that is not embedded in a standardized path signal can experience a

condition which is referred to as ā€œLoss of Sequence Synchronizationā€.

Loss of sequence synchronization can occur as a consequence of:

ā€“ long duration intense error burst;

ā€“ long duration AIS;

ā€“ uncontrolled bit slip;

ā€“ loss of signal.

The criterion to declare ā€œloss of sequence synchronizationā€ is manufacturer-specific and can be highly variable between

different manufacturers. The standardized criterion for loss of sequence synchronization in test equipment is given in the

O-Series Recommendations.

5.3.4 ES and SES evaluation from out-of-service anomaly and defect information in test equipment

=============================

Regards

Mahesh

Hi

Right now i am not having any document but might be this issue persist with Hardware.

Can you check the hardware you are using on both end.... also please check whether you are using Channelized interfaces on any end ?

Regards

Chetan Kumar

http://chetanress.blogspot.com

Hi,

This is the Hardware used for the unframe E1 over MPLS.

1.0 PE1 - Cisco 7206VXR with NPE-G2

1.1 Cisco Module Interface to SDH Mux - PA-MC-STM1-SM

1.2 Cisco Port Slot 2/0

2.0 PE2 - Cisco 7604

2.1 Cisco Module Interface to SDH Mux - PA-MC-STM1-SM

2.2 Cisco Port Slot 4/1/0

I'll try and change PE1 to our 7609 Core router and test the result.

Anyway thanks for your assistance and hope to here from you soon.

Regards

Navi

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: