cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3com router configuration in ACS4.2

size57
Level 1
Level 1

I am facing issue for 3com router with acs.

I am able to login to 3com router through my tacacs ID, but for enable password i need to use local password.

is there any solution on this i want my both password should TACACS only.

my acs using windows user database.

5 Replies 5

Shilpa Gupta
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

You can go to User Set up and go to Advanced Tacacs+ setting , there you will find an option as "TACACS+ Enable Password".

You can have 3 options:-

[1] Use the same user password as enable password

[2]Use password from external database

[3]Use seperate enable password

If you do not see Advance Tacacs+ setting, go to Interface Configuration, select Tacacs+  and under "Advanced Configuration Options" check the box

Advanced TACACS+ Features.

You will  get an option for setting the enable password.

I hope it helps.

Thanks,

Shilpa

i missed to point out one thing that, users from the same group which is used to login into 3com router is able to login into cisco routers properly.they are using both password from tacacs only, but for 3com its not working.

Hi,

When you say, users are not able to login to 3com router, are you not able to login at all or you are not able to do enable authentication on 3com router.

Also you can check the failed reports on ACS and we can check the error that we are getting while we login.

And it would  be great if you can paste the aaa configuration from one of the cisco router and 3com router.

Thanks,

Shilpa

Hi Shilpa,

Thnx for your inputs, i have query on your erlier post.

options provided for enable password is for TACACS+, but i am using radius on 3com routers.

is there any option for radius as well.

Hi All,

Can anybody please explain how to add vendor.ini file to ACS Appaliance.