Views
Helpful
Replies

HTTP works, but cannot login to SSH?

thanmad
Level 1
Level 1

Fresh install of a ACS5.x appliance.

I can login to the Web interface using the credentials i created in setup, however when i attempt to SSH into the device it doesn't like those same credentials.  Not having much luck with google today, ideas?

1 Reply 1

Jatin Katyal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please be aware that the credentials used to login to the ACS CLI are  entirely different than those used to authenticate at the ACS GUI screen
and have absolutely nothing to do with credentials specified elsewhere in the network (such as on an Active Directory server).  To reach the CLI of your device, you only need to SSH to the IP of the ACS appliance.  Once there, you should immediately be presented with a login as:  prompt for your CLI credentials.  If this screen does not appear, please ensure that the supplicant machine you are using to access the ACS can successfully ping the ACS IP address.

Assuming you are presented with the above mentioned login screen but do not remember your CLI credentials (please note that these credentials
are case sensitive), you can insert the ACS 5.x disc and follow the instructions for resetting the default administrator password.  This will set the username to administrator and password to default.  After, you should be able to create a new username and password through the ACS CLI.

For further reading on using the ACS command line interface, please refer to the link below:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_system/5.1/command/reference/cli_app_a.html

Rgds, Jatin

Do rate helpful posts-

~Jatin