Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

5440 Endpoint abandoned EAP session and started new

Hi

I have problem with client authentication with ISE and get 5540 error.

Any ideas?

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

For anyone who has problem, the windows 10 credential guard is causing the problem.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- FYI : https://community.cisco.com/t5/network-access-control/5440-endpoint-abandoned-eap-session-and-started-new/m-p/4096506#M560853

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

thanks for your reply but its not helpful.

- If you want advanced support then state your case : what have you read ? What are your conclusions ? Is there something that you do not understand ? Summarized into:

Why was it not helpful.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Greg Gibbs
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is not enough information provided to give any meaningful assistance. See How to Ask the Community for Help

I need to know the client OS 

And the ISE cert. Is ot wildcard or not and are you use multi PSN and add it IP or hostname as SAN in cert.

MHM

The os is Windows and when this happens authentication is done with the computer name. authentication with user account is ok.

randomly happens not all client have this issue.

* windows 10 and 11

ISE cert. Is not wildcard and i use multi PSN and add hostname as SAN in cert.

For anyone who has problem, the windows 10 credential guard is causing the problem.

Thanks a lot for update us

Have a nice summer 

MHM