cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

802.1X and Endpoint Hibernate(mode)

TiUM
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all, my question will be very simple (maybe).

Before i implement authentication with ISE ppl could do a remote desktop to their machine if they were at home.

After the implementation with 802.1x, they can no longer do RDP to there machines when the PC enters in the hibernate mode.

What can i do to mitigate this kind of behavior?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

lrojaslo
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It is dot1x expected behavior to block by default the port to only permit CDP-LLDP-EAP-STP traffic when the session is not yet authorized. In such case, you can try to have a pre-auth (port) ACL to permit RDP connection to the PC.

Otherwise, you can also use open mode (not recommended) to allow such traffic when port/session is not yet authorized.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Greg Gibbs
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

See a similar conversation here - Unable to RDP to Windows Desktop after dot1x enabled 

lrojaslo
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It is dot1x expected behavior to block by default the port to only permit CDP-LLDP-EAP-STP traffic when the session is not yet authorized. In such case, you can try to have a pre-auth (port) ACL to permit RDP connection to the PC.

Otherwise, you can also use open mode (not recommended) to allow such traffic when port/session is not yet authorized.