Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS Certificate install

Hi 

My ACS local certificate is going to expire and i am going to renew it 

but actually can i change my local certificate with certificate vendor and certificate authority in ACS is still valid from another vendor 

and what is the difference between them 

your replies highly appreciated  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The fist thing to take into consideration is the following:

Local certificates: are the ones used by the ACS for particular functions like management (GUI access) and EAP (dot1x - EAP authentications). These certs can be self-signed or CA signed (look at issued by field), if they are self-signed, then you don't need any other certs and you can just renew it with no issues.

If you use certs signed by an external CA, then you need to make sure you use the same CA to sign your CSR to avoid impact.

Certificate authority:  In this section you upload the CA certificates (root, intermediate) that are part of the chain of your local certificate (if signed by CA).

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Delete the OLD one from list, if the new one valid.

cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_system/5-8/user/guide/acsuserguide/admin_config.html#79385

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

YES for local certificate i will replace the old one with the new one but my question that there is another kind of certificate located in Users and Identity Stores - certificate authority which is another vendor , so if it is different vendor from local certificate will be fine or should all certificate be the same  

The fist thing to take into consideration is the following:

Local certificates: are the ones used by the ACS for particular functions like management (GUI access) and EAP (dot1x - EAP authentications). These certs can be self-signed or CA signed (look at issued by field), if they are self-signed, then you don't need any other certs and you can just renew it with no issues.

If you use certs signed by an external CA, then you need to make sure you use the same CA to sign your CSR to avoid impact.

Certificate authority:  In this section you upload the CA certificates (root, intermediate) that are part of the chain of your local certificate (if signed by CA).