Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AAA Authorization EXEC Default

Hello,

Is my understand correct that second command means that all the time when I log in on the device via SSH - it will immediately place me into Privilege\Enable mode without asking Enable password?
Would it be the same if I log in via Console? 
1)aaa authentication login default group TACACS-GROUP local 
2)aaa authorization exec default group  TACACS-GROUP if-authenticated

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I think NO 
you need aaa authentication enable default group .....LOCAL 

the 
aaa authorization exec default group  TACACS-GROUP if-authenticated <<- make you allow to enter enable command 
then the SW/R ask for password which you need to config local or via AAA.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

I think NO 
you need aaa authentication enable default group .....LOCAL 

the 
aaa authorization exec default group  TACACS-GROUP if-authenticated <<- make you allow to enter enable command 
then the SW/R ask for password which you need to config local or via AAA.

Thanks Everyone for your time Guys.

Thanks MHM - my second question was weather switch\router will require me to enter TACACS Credentials if I log in via console - and I found answer which is Yes.

Thanks.

ammahend
VIP
VIP

"Is my understand correct that second command means that all the time when I log in on the device via SSH - it will immediately place me into Privilege\Enable mode without asking Enable password?" see below.

https://community.cisco.com/t5/network-access-control/if-authenticated/td-p/1248124

"Would it be the same if I log in via Console? "

provided you configured console line login authentication default

-hope this helps-

Hi - Thanks for the response.
There is no need for any additional command in regards to Console.
When I login via Console - it already asks for TACACS's User's Credentials.

Correct. If you are using a TACACS server, you can use your auth profile in the policy set to either restrict commands or grant priv 15.  

If this posts answers your question or is helpful, please consider rating it and/or marking as answered.

Thanks Chris,

When you say "you can use your auth profile in the policy set" , Do you refer to some TACACS Server configuraiton?
I've never configured TACACS Server so I presume you refer to it.

Yes, my assumption was that you were using a TACACS server.  If you aren't, just make sure your default group is local instead of TACACS-GROUP.  

If this posts answers your question or is helpful, please consider rating it and/or marking as answered.