Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 4.0 - Replication and Backup Question

adil.nasser3
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I am in the process for preparing to back up the configuration of our old ACS 4.0 hardware appliance so I am able to build a second redundant Windows version ACS 4.0 (both to be eventually upgraded to a supported version of 4.2).  Below are a couple of questions I have which popped up while I am in the planning process...

1- Is replication possible between a hardware version and Windows version of ACS 4.0.

2- Is the PKI key-pair (used for wireless authentication) backup included with the main database backup or is there a separate back up procedure for it.

Thanks in advance,

Adil

1 Reply 1

mauzamor
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

About your questions:

1. Yes, this is possible. You can replicate information between the ACS appliance and the ACS Windows version. The requirement is to be running exactly the same version in both sides.

2. That information is in the backup file. In ACS 4.x there is only one backup which contains all the server information. This behavior changes in version 5.x where there are multiple type of backup files now.

Let me know if I answered your concerns.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: