cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 4.2 exporting client devices

MarekVanco_2
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way where I can just export the clients from one server and restore them onto another?

Is tehre maybe a way to covnert the dmp file to another format, like csv, then modifying it and converting back to dmp??

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello MarekVanco

You can restore AAA client by taking a backup file from original server i.e. dmp and restore only "Ciscosecure ACS system config ". It will restore only network devices.

Please note : you cannot modify .dmp file.

thanks

Devashree

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hello MarekVanco

You can restore AAA client by taking a backup file from original server i.e. dmp and restore only "Ciscosecure ACS system config ". It will restore only network devices.

Please note : you cannot modify .dmp file.

thanks

Devashree

andamani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

You can do the following:

Network configuration > AAA client > search > enter the following on the search field.

Name:*

IP address: *.*.*.*

Type:Any

Click on Search. You will get a download and you will get a .csv file.

please note this csv file will not contain the shared secret of the device.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Anisha

P.S.: please mark this post as answered if you feel your query is resolved. Do rate helpful posts.

What I ended up doing was taking a full backup and restoring it on one box, then doing a devices only replication to the other box, then the 1st box did a replication of everything to the 2nd.

Iw as worried that by doing a restoral of network config would cause me to lose access to the box, but that didnt happen. at any case, I lost 13-00 devices on the original box by doing so. the search and export/import may have worked.

thanks everyone

Hi - is there also a way to extract the Tacacs key as part of this?