Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 4.2 SE logs inconsistant

size57
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I am facing isseu with ACS 4.2 apalince, below are the same.

1) few of the logs types for e.g. administraion audit reports are not available for few days after restarting services its started showing again. i want to know reason behind this.

2) logs under active.csv are shown delayed. e.g.if i am checking passed authentication logs @5.30pm i can see logs ony till up to 4.50 pm

major issue is logs files are unavailable for few days intermittently.

13 Replies 13

andamani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Please ensure that the logging settings are fine.

Kindly give us the timestamp and package.cab so that we can analyse this behaviour.

The following link gives you details of how to collect package.cab.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_server_for_solution_engine/4.0/user/guide/sba.html#wp253681

Regards,

Anisha

Hi Anisha,

I have package.cab with me please suggest what to check in that.

Hi,

could you please upload the package.cab file here with the timestamp. i will chcek and explain my findings to you.

Regards,

Anisha

Dear Anisha,

Due to company security policy i can not upload it here.

if possible i can show you that on desktop through rdp.

or may any other possible option.

hope for understanding.

Dear Anisha,

tell me what time you will be online so I will arrange it, but I can not keep it here for long time.

Hi,

I would suggest open a TAC case if this is really urgent for you and if you want to maintain the confidentiality as well. That way you will have a dedicated engineer with you.

Regards,

Anisha

Dear Anisha,

Actually TAC is not possible for me,if you are online i can upload file for a while, so u can doanload and check.

Alright,

let us do that.. please give the timestamp as well

Regards,

Anisha

Dear Anisha,

I have uploaded package.cab file here. May be i will delete it again. Please confirm once donwload it.

i have couple of more pckage.cab files. is that possible you to provide email ID so I can send directly to your inbox.

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Dear All,

I am facing isseu with ACS 4.2 apalince, below are the same.

1) few of the logs types for e.g. administraion audit reports are not available for few days after restarting services its started showing again. i want to know reason behind this.

2) logs under active.csv are shown delayed. e.g.if i am checking passed authentication logs @5.30pm i can see logs ony till up to 4.50 pm

major issue is logs files are unavailable for few days intermittently.

Hi,

Are you doing remote logging also with ACS 4.2,if yes just disable that and restart the services logging will work fine for you..

Hope to Help !!

Ganesh.H

No I am not using remote logging. Issue was resolved by restarting services but again couple of days later it started giving same problem.

Also i can not upload package.cab, instead if can tell me what to check in that i can give that output thnx.

Is there any specific service which contros the logging of the acs other that cslog.

andamani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I have downloaded the file. i notice there is a package.cab file inside this package1.cab file as well.. whats up with that?

It will be great if you can explain this to me. please give me the timestamp.

You can post the package.cab files to my private box. i check the same.

Regards,

Anisha

It was there in pcakge.cab.

i dont how it came again in that.

I check for you private box, i never tried it.