Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 5.0 Patches

gseadmins
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

is there any patches available for ACS 5.0 system 90 day eval?

I'm evaluating ACS on vmware platform.

The 5-0-0-21-6.tar.tar patch doesn't seem to be a valid file to do it.

The readme file talk about a .gpg file but the patch i've downloaded is a .tar fiel and it is impossible to untar it.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I renamed the file and it worked for me, rename it from .tar.tar to .tar.gpg. The issue I had was that the .6 file was not working, I got .5 installed fine.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

wong34539
Level 6
Level 6

Cisco Secure ACS 5.0 features an improved, centralized management of software updates (upgrades and patches) that is controlled through the GUI of the primary ACS server. Updates can be applied on selected or all ACS servers in a deployment, and software update files can reside in remote repositories or be uploaded to the primary server.

Yes , thanks,

But that's not my question.

What i said is that the patch file available on cisco site seem not to be useful to load and run in the "ACS 5.0 features an improved, centralized management of software updates ".

I mean, i've searched for the patch file, stored on my pc, activated a tftp server and tried to run the patch from the GUI of the ACS, it stand still in upgrading phase for a long time and nothing happened.

In ACS gui the patch file is named .gpg but on cisco site no gpg file exist!!

So , what is the right file to do upgrade?

I renamed the file and it worked for me, rename it from .tar.tar to .tar.gpg. The issue I had was that the .6 file was not working, I got .5 installed fine.