cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 5.2 not logging anything!

jlhainy
Level 2
Level 2

I have an ACS 5.2 VM that went down during an ESX host issue.  Since it has no VMWare tools, it didn't migrate to another host very nicely.  When the box came up, I had to delete the Virtual nic and re-add it and then set up the IP info again to get the VM communicating on the network.

Currently the ACS box is not logging anything.  There are no logs visable.  What can I do to check why there are no logs visable?  Authentication is working because wireless uses are still getting on the wireless network, but there are no logs that show passed or failed attempts.

4 Replies 4

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Can you ssh into the box and issue a 'show application status acs' that should post the results of the following services:

ACS role: PRIMARY

Process 'database'                  running

Process 'management'                running

Process 'runtime'                   running

Process 'adclient'                  running

Process 'view-database'             running

Process 'view-jobmanager'           running

Process 'view-alertmanager'         running

Process 'view-collector'            running

Process 'view-logprocessor'         running

Also you may need to check and see if the log collector is set to itself.

Just out of curiosity, have you setup periodic backups of your running configuration? It would have been easier to wipe away the virtual machine, build a new one and then restore the backup. (System Administration > Scheduled Backups)

Thanks,

Tarik Admani

I did check the processes and all are running as expected.  I also verified that the log collector was set to itself.

Everything seems to be working expect being able to view log information.  Not sure why I can't see it.  Is there a way to see it on the VM Console via SSH?  If the box is still logging and the info is there that would make me feel a little better.  Logs don't much good to help you troubleshoot connectivity issues if you can't see them.

When you click on the monitoring and reporting and then try to see the authentication information, is there an error or does the page come up blank?

Thanks.

Tarik Admani

no error, it just shows up blank.  Now, everything was fine before my little VM mishap.