Helpful
Replies

ACS 5.2 not Logging correctly

randy.klassen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Here is the situation...

I have 3 ACS 5.2 servers both here and in the US. On friday night, our building lost power and it came back up early saturday morning. During this, the Wireless controllers dropped their configs and reverted back to point to the old ACS servers again. After fixing this, all wireless works now in my location.

But, ACS is not logging my sessions even though i can connect to wireless with phone or laptop. It should log the authentication process if the server is here or in the US, but it is only logging for the other 2 servers. now on a weird note, the VPN for users in this location is authenticationg just fine.

Do i need to reboot the ACS server? I dont really understand how it is not logging for this site, but the other 2 are logging just fine.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Randy

2 Replies 2

Nicolas Darchis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What do you mean with "not logging" exactly ?

Is it not showing in the active sessions ? Is it not showing a passed authetnication at all ? Is it authenticating the clients ?

Hi Nic,

Thanks for your reply.

I have 3 ACS servers, all are backups for each other.

2 of the servers in remote locations are logging correctly, laptop connections and wireless phones. It shows the active sessions and the passed/failed authentications for both Radius and TACACS+

the one server sitting right next to me IS authenticating our wireless devices but not logging any passed/failed authentications. It will only log the VPN authentications.

So m problem is that the one server is not reporting correctly. I have looked through the configs and nothing has changed since it was workign last week. We did lose power over the weekend which resulted in some wireless issues with the AP's but that is fixed and I can see them working and the wireless controller is handing out IP's from our network. So i know the ACS server here is authenticating, just not logging.

Soooo frustrating, I think i will put in a case with cisco.

Thanks,

Randy