Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 5.2 upgrade - Wrong file from software download

ThibaultMean
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

i try to upgrade acs 5.2 with the patch 5-2-0-26-1.tar.tar.

Firstly it is not the correct extension when downloading the file from the download software area.

then when I enter "patch install 5-2-0-26-3.tar.tar FTP" I get the following error message:

% Manifest file not found in the bundle

I believe the file is not corrupted.

did someone come across the same issue and got it fixed?

Regards.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Rename the file 5-2-0-26-1.tar.tar to 5-2-0-26-1.tar.gpg. I had the same issue and renaming the file solved this problem.

ZR

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

slawford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Thibault,

Thanks for your question. There are two types of patches that can be applied to ACS, one for the underlying ADE operating system (using the "patch install" command), and the other for the ACS application (using the "acs patch install" command).

The patch you are applying is for the ACS application. Please let me know how you go using the "acs patch install" command.

Regards,

Steve.

Hello Steve,

I tried the acs patch install command but it did not work.

here the mesage i get:

ACS/admin# acs patch  install 5-2-0-26-1.tar.tar repository FTP
Cannot find patch file '5-2-0-26-1.tar.gpg'
% Error: Failure to open / validate the patch

Regards.

Hi,

Rename the file 5-2-0-26-1.tar.tar to 5-2-0-26-1.tar.gpg. I had the same issue and renaming the file solved this problem.

ZR

I am having the same problem.  Renaming the file does not correct the issue and results in:

acs patch install 5-2-0-26-3.tar.gpg repository Client96-TFTP
Invalid patch '5-2-0-26-3.tar.gpg', cannot unpack.
% Error: Failure to open / validate the patch

Hi,

accrording to the name of your repository, I guess you are using TFTP protocol. Change to FTP protocol and it should solve the problem.

ZR

I renamed the file extension and used FTP - it worked.

Thanks.

Changing from TFTP to FTP enable successful patch application.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: