cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 5.2 VM on less than 500GB disk

mflanigan
Level 1
Level 1

My customer is tight on SN space, so they set up 400GB for the ACS AM.  I saw a message about having less than 500GB flash by during the DVD install, but it seemed OK otherwise.  When the VM boots off the HD, I get the localhost login prompt, and I type in setup, but nothing happens for about a minute, then I get the message 'INIT: ID "S0" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes".  After that, nothing.  I've booted multiple times.  Is this related to the disk space, and is it possible to install with less than 500GB?

Thanks

7 Replies 7

Yudong Wu
Level 7
Level 7

Per installation guide, you have to have 500G

"VMware Server installations are not supported for  production environments. Installations that use less than 500 GB of disk  space are also not supported for production environment."

We run eval version in the lab which only requires minimum 60 G.

Yudong,

Thanks for the reply.  I was able to get past the error, and was able to apply a license, but the show app version says the internal build is EVAL.  It gives me error messages when I try to apply a patch.  This will be a problem for the customer, since they may not be able to upgradde their SAN for a while.  Does the eval version support full functionality?  It's a small installation.  Also, since they have paid for the license, is there any way they could run the eval longer than 90 days, assuming it has the funtionality they need?  The base license shows as applied.

Regards,

Mike Flanigan

Eval version should have all feature but you can only run it for certain days.

I did not use it on a regular license and am not sure how the less disk space would impact on ACS.

My thought would be it should let you install it but might have a performance issue.

Regarding to license, you might try to talk to your Cisco Account team to see if they can provide such kind of license.

Yudong,

Thanks again.  The user has scrounged the necessary 500GB.  License no longer says EVAL.  My problem now is that all 3 cumulative patches faill on install with "Manifest file not found in the bundle".  The byte counts match exactly on CCO, my PC, and the ACS VM.  I used FTP to transfer to the ACS.  Any ideas?

what command are you using?

you should use "acs patch install repository

I'm using "patch install patch.tar.gpg patches".  It doesn't like the "repository" keyword - gives me "long command detected" when I include it.

Just saw another dumb engineer error.  I was using the patch command instead of the "acs patch" command.  I htink it's working now.