Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 5.3 and Firefox15

gaigl
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

does anyone experience problems with configuring ACS 5.3 with Firefox 15?

I can't configure Access Policies > Access Services -> §ACCESS-SERVICE -> Identity or Authorization.

with IE9 it works.

javaScript is enabled, Adblock is disabled, NoScript is not installed.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Amjad Abdullah
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

FF versions other than 3.x are not supported web browsers for ACS 5.3:

Supported Web Client/Browsers

You can access ACS 5.3 administrative user interface using the following Web Client/Browsers:

•Windows 7 32 bit

•Internet Explorer version 7.x

•Internet Explorer version 8.x

•Mozilla Firefox version 3.x

Reference: http://tiny.cc/x4jgkw

and yes, there is a problem with version 15.

I am testing now with version 15.0.1 and ACS version 5.3 and the pages are whole mess!! most of the page contents do not appear!!!

HTH

Amjad

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Amjad Abdullah
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

FF versions other than 3.x are not supported web browsers for ACS 5.3:

Supported Web Client/Browsers

You can access ACS 5.3 administrative user interface using the following Web Client/Browsers:

•Windows 7 32 bit

•Internet Explorer version 7.x

•Internet Explorer version 8.x

•Mozilla Firefox version 3.x

Reference: http://tiny.cc/x4jgkw

and yes, there is a problem with version 15.

I am testing now with version 15.0.1 and ACS version 5.3 and the pages are whole mess!! most of the page contents do not appear!!!

HTH

Amjad

Thanks,

even if this is very poor.

with FF14 it was ok. the requirements are a little bit outdatet?

no not outdated. Cisco really supports only versoin 3.x with firefox. although it might work with other browsers but those browsers are not supported. In other words, if you get a problem with a non-supported browser cisco TAC will not help you and will tell you to go to a supported browser. Developers tested only the supported browsers when they implemented ACS and they don't know about the behavior of the non-supported browsers although they may work.

Chrome and Safari and examples of the browsers that regularly used to open ACS and they usually work but the point if you get any problem with them there is no way that cisco help you. Cisco will tell you to visit a supported browser.

BTW, I had FF version 13 and it was working. I just upgraded to verson 15 to test what you said and I experienced same issue. so I a now also not able to use my FF for ACS. we both have same problem.

But I think FF will soon release an update that fixes the issue. You can ask FF to fix this issue buy submitting a feedback.

(Help menu -> Submit Feedback).

HTH

Amjad

I had this problem in ACS 5.3 UCP page. After replacing trailing comment chars in  /var/lib/tomcat7/webapps/ROOT/index.jsp " ->" with " -->" the page  is displayed in firefox 15.0.1.

Maybe it is the same problem with ACS pages but unfortunately they are not accessible for edit.

BTW: I agree that ist very poor by cisco to require such outdated browsers. Or require Windows only (IE seems to work).

Firefox 16.0.1 (Linux and Windows versions tested) - problem still persist. I suppose that problem will be on ACS side, maybe some JavaScript is not working properly.