Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 5.3 SFTP issue

ajay pandey
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Does any one had a problem while using SFTP option in ACS5.3.

I am trying ot use host-key sync command but giveing below error.

I am now frustated with this.

ACS/admin(config-Repository)# host-key sync

% Error: First character must be a letter

% Error: Invalid ip address or hostnameSOK-S12-ACS-1/admin(config-Repository)# host-key sync
% Error: First character must be a letter
% Error: Invalid ip address or hostname

As per documention this command needs to be added directly.Could somone suggest if tis is being done.

Regards

Ajay

4 Replies 4

Dev Vishwakarma
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Ajay,

Please share the repository section of the show run output from ACS 5.3 to verify as its complaining about the hostname that your have added with the url command.

Also, beaware of:

CSCtt47076    ACS fails to validate SFTP credentials if password is longer 16 chars

so, ensure that the SFTP user password is <=16 characters.

Regards,

Dev

"Do rate helpful posts, and mark the discussion "Answered" once your queries are answered."

CSCtt47076    ACS fails to validate SFTP credentials if password is longer 16 char

repository Config-Backup

url sftp://abc123.xyz.com/

user pandeay password hash 1b4053050dd1cb01e2a3b178bcbfda1a3d700874

My password is small than 16 letters. When I tried to take Backup I can see that ACS reaches SFTP server and can see on SFTP server that ACS ip is listing that directory but do not understand why it does not copies the files.

Does it needs the hosy-key sync command to copy the files ?

Regards

Ajay

Hello Friends,

this is issue is olved now. I made a small mistake which taken my many hours.

My mistake was that we have server names starting with numbers and while configuring SFTP option it does not say anything, but when you try to generate the key using host-ket sync command it will give you an error.

Solution is to use the IP address of SFTP server instead of hostanme in hostname coulumn and problem will be solved.

Ajat

Thanks Ajay. We had a similar issue and resolved it using you advice!