Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 5.5 Monitoring and Report Viewer not working

petebardak1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

ACS and AAA is working fine, but whenever I try to launch the Monitoring and Report Viewer on ACS v5.5 I get the a message saying "The monitoring and reports database is currently unavailable. Attempting to reconnect in 5 seconds. If problem persists, please contact your ACS administrator."

I tried stopping/starting ACS via CLI and reloading the whole box but it still comes up as unavailable.  Below is the current status.  Some processes are not running, does anyone know how to start these processes? I recently had to reinstall this appliance and restore from backup.  This is how it's been ever since.  Is there something else I should be addressing to resolve my issue?

pru-acs01/admin# show application status acs

ACS role: PRIMARY

Process 'database' running
Process 'management' running
Process 'runtime' running
Process 'ntpd' running
Process 'view-database' not monitored
Process 'view-jobmanager' not monitored
Process 'view-alertmanager' not monitored
Process 'view-collector' not monitored
Process 'view-logprocessor' not monitored

21 Replies 21

I tried that a few days ago but it didn't help.  I think my only option is to reload the OS and restore configs from backup. 

I see. Can you Choose System Administration > Configuration > Global System Options > Trust Communication Settings. In case it's enabled, please disable it and give another try.

~ Jatin

~Jatin

Still not getting anywhere.  Getting

"ACS: Resource not found or internal server error"

ErrorCode: 500 has occured. Click here to get back to the server

When I click back to the server, I get the same error with

ErrorCode: 0 has occured. Click here to get back to the server

I think this is hopeless

Did you check the status of the service ( show app status acs) prior executing the "acs config-web-interface migration enable". Make sure ACS services are in running state and then test.

btw, what patch are you running on top of ACS 5.5 - this issue was not reproducible initially and the fixed was introduced in ACS 5.5p11 with some assumptions. Pls confirm the patch version.

~ Jatin

~Jatin

Not all services are up and running and reboots won't fix.  I use to have TAC support but this product went End of Support recently.  

pru-acs01/admin# show app status acs

ACS role: PRIMARY

Process 'database' running
Process 'management' running
Process 'runtime' running
Process 'ntpd' running
Process 'view-database' not monitored
Process 'view-jobmanager' not monitored
Process 'view-alertmanager' not monitored
Process 'view-collector' not monitored
Process 'view-logprocessor' not monitored

pru-acs01/admin# show application version acs Cisco ACS VERSION INFORMATION ----------------------------- Version : 5.5.0.46.8 Internal Build ID : B.723 Patches : 5-5-0-46-8

The required services are running fine. Looks like you have selected the "log-collector" as none that is why other services are not monitored. Can you apply the patch 11 and see if that makes any difference. Download patch from here

~ Jatin

~Jatin

Gagandeep Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I would suggest to reset the view database.

1. a) In CLI type "acs-config"

Enter GUI credentials

1. b) type acsview replace cleandb command

Example : admin(config-acs)# acsview replace-cleandb

1. c) Restart the ACS services.

acsview replace-cleandb

Use the acsview replace-cleandb command to clean up the information in the ACS view database. This command removes all data from the ACS view database. That is, this command replaces the current database with a fresh view database.

Regards

Gagan

PS: rate it as correct if it helps!!!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: