cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 5.7 - Accessing Monitoring and Reports Located on Secondary Server from Primary Server

David Levine
Level 1
Level 1

My organization has an ACS deployment made up of three servers. Currently, the primary ACS server is also the log collector. However, Cisco recommends making a secondary server the log collector.

I noticed that if I login to the secondary server and click on "Monitoring and Reports," I am prompted to login to the primary server because that is where the logs are located. I am guessing that if the log collector is on the secondary server and I click on "Monitoring and Reports" from the primary server, I will be asked to login to the secondary server.

Is there a way to not have to login twice (once to access the web interface and again to access the reports)? It seems that the ACS deployment should support some sort of single sign-on function and once you are logged into one server, allow you to access another without having to login again.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ivan Gonzalez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi David,

I know the Cisco documentation mentions the secondary be the log collector as best practice, however, what it actually means to say is that the server acting as log collector should not be authenticating users.

If you primary server is the log collector that should be fine as soon as it is not authenticating users ( but the secondary is accomplishing this task ).

And related to the redirection, that is correct, independently on which server you login, once you click on "Monitoring and Reports" you will be redirected to the log collector and have to login into it, unless you are currently on the log collector and click on "Monitoring and Reports".

SSO between servers would be a good thing but not available.

Note: Please mark it as answered if applicable

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Ivan Gonzalez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi David,

I know the Cisco documentation mentions the secondary be the log collector as best practice, however, what it actually means to say is that the server acting as log collector should not be authenticating users.

If you primary server is the log collector that should be fine as soon as it is not authenticating users ( but the secondary is accomplishing this task ).

And related to the redirection, that is correct, independently on which server you login, once you click on "Monitoring and Reports" you will be redirected to the log collector and have to login into it, unless you are currently on the log collector and click on "Monitoring and Reports".

SSO between servers would be a good thing but not available.

Note: Please mark it as answered if applicable

That's what I was thinking about the redirection, but wanted to confirm. Thank you for the information.

Hi David,

You are very welcome!!! :)