Feichti
Level 1
Level 1

Hi i have applied on our ACS 5.8.0.32 Server the new Patch 2

hostname/admin# show version

Cisco Application Deployment Engine OS Release: 2.2
ADE-OS Build Version: 2.2.2.015
ADE-OS System Architecture: x86_64

Copyright (c) 2005-2015 by Cisco Systems, Inc.
All rights reserved.
Hostname: hostname
Version information of installed applications
---------------------------------------------
Cisco ACS VERSION INFORMATION
-----------------------------
Version : 5.8.0.32.2
Internal Build ID : B.442
Patches :
5-8-0-32-1
5-8-0-32-2

After the successfully installation of the patch i made the reboot of the appliance and all services were up and running.

I could login to the ACS Server bot when i want to open the report page i get only an blank/ white screen. See the screenshot i have attached.capture.png

I tried it with different browsers ( Firefox / Internet Explorer /Chrome), all the same issue.

Then i removed the patch again and restart the services. Then the reports page is now functional again.

Does someone else have got the Problem too ?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

to close the loop here. The following CDETS is associated with this issue

CSCuz40534 ACS 5.8 p2- report showing a blank page for a specific user

If an Admin user has role assignment selected as dynamic, the user is not able to view the reports, as it shows a blank page.

if a user has role assignment as static, then the issue does not happen.

This wil be resolved in ACS 5.8 patch 3 which should be available in around a months time

View solution in original post

I tested it in the lab and the bug description is a little bit inaccurate.
The bug description states:

If an Admin user has role assignment selected as dynamic, the user is not able to view the reports, as it shows a blank page.

The bug also applies to Administrators which are authenticated via an external identity store like Active Directory. Not only to internal administrators which have the "Assignment Type" set to "dynamic"

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

nspasov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Tobias. I am suspecting that you are hitting a bug with this patch. I am suspecting a bug because:

1. Patch-2 was just released (April-8th)

2. Removing the patch restores the broken functionality

I would recommend that you open a TAC case and report this and request a defect/bug to be filed.

Also, I usually recommend that you wait at least 2-3 weeks after a patch was released before applying it. I have seen major issues in the past with patches on ISE and ACS :)

I hope this helps!

Thank you for rating helpful posts!

Hello

I am using ACS 5.8.0.32 patch 7 still my reports are getting blank with  gui local and ad admin account login

is any one else facing this kind of issue

Thanks

Sunil

radmedur
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Tobias,

Very unfortunate to hear that.

Can you please collect the support bundle and upload here to analyze whether we can get any clues regarding this issue?

OR

please raise TAC case so that we can join over WebEx and troubleshoot live.

Thanks

Radha

Hi Radha

I have opend a TAC Case today with the Case Number: 638750053

So you can pick the case to you and can contact me.

Thank you Tobias.

As of now no TAC has assigned to this SR.

We will contact you right away after TAC assignment.

Thanks for your co-operation.

-Radhakrishna

to close the loop here. The following CDETS is associated with this issue

CSCuz40534 ACS 5.8 p2- report showing a blank page for a specific user

if a user has role assignment as static, then the issue does not happen.

This wil be resolved in ACS 5.8 patch 3 which should be available in around a months time

I tested it in the lab and the bug description is a little bit inaccurate.
The bug description states:

The bug also applies to Administrators which are authenticated via an external identity store like Active Directory. Not only to internal administrators which have the "Assignment Type" set to "dynamic"

Since had previously updated that would be addressed in patch 3 wanted to update that

- Patch 3 was released last week and includes a single fix only: which is for a serious issue seen when working with FF 46

- Fix for issue in this thread will now be in 5.8 patch 4

Issue is resolved in ACS 5.8 patch 4 that was posted to CCO yesterday

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: